Five Tool Youth’s mission is to create premier events that develops young athletes, but more importantly, protects them. By playing in one of our tournaments, you will experience a high end, efficiently run event that focuses on the players.
Five Tool Youth is built on the foundation of putting player health and development first, not in a position to be over used. Athletes between the ages of 7u-14u will never play more than 5 games in a weekend, but are also guaranteed to get at least 4 games. By ensuring strict pitching rules, athletes are in a better position to maintain safe arm care protocols.
Our tournaments are based upon structured game play for youth athletes to establish a foundation for long term success in their goals. The prevalence of Tommy John surgeries in youth athletes is directly related to overuse of pitching on young arms. Five Tool Youth adheres to the MLB Guidelines for youth baseball athletes.
The Five Tool Difference
Our focus is NOT on how many rings you can collect, but on how well we can prepare you for high school baseball. We promise to always make decisions based on what’s best for these young athletes and to help instill values that will carry over into life off the field as well.
- Games have 2 hour time limits (Ages 12 and Up)
- No Team will play more than 5 games total in a weekend, including Championship games.
- No Hidden Fees. Umpires, Baseballs, Scorekeepers, and 4 games included.
- All championship games will be scheduled to start before 6pm on Sunday
- Season Statistics to track player performance and progression
- Pitchers are protected by hard pitch counts that ensure parity to every team<
- Every game will be staffed with an independent scorekeeper that will monitor both team’s pitch count and provide social media updates and highlights for both teams – all included in the tournament entry fee
- The tournament format guarantees that every game counts
Five Tool Showcases was established in January of 2013. The foundation was a joint effort between college coaches and select clubs to establish events that provide quality competition at quality venues. The goal is to provide events that allow the players to showcase their abilities and do so in a manner that is friendly to the college recruiters and professional scouts while allowing the clubs to maintain fiscal responsibility to their members.
Our goal is to host local teams seeking exposure for their players while accommodating out of town clubs in a manner that minimizes travel and the expense associated with select baseball. The mix of local and regional clubs provides great competition in a central location that is convenient for college recruiters and professional scouts in the central, Midwest, Northwest, Southeast, Texas, and West regions.
Visit www.fivetool.org to learn more about High School Tournaments & Showcases provided by Five Tool Baseball, or email [email protected] with any questions!